Recently was asked about the Commando Pull-Up and no, they aren’t what you think. 😉 The military probably calls these by a different name but this is what I know em as. Today I shot a quick vid for you showing different hand positions and variations that I like playing with. I also like to relax the hand furthest away from me so that it acts as more of a single arm pulling exercise. Play around with em and see how it goes. (Workout details after vid)
Today’s Theme -> Pulling My Weight Around Here
Prep – warm-up stuff for pulling
Practice – Front and Back Levers
Started with single reps of front lever holds and once I couldn’t do anymore did some back levers.
- One Arm Chins – Just a couple of these today
- 75kg single rep chin-ups X 5 with 1 min rest between.
- Commando alternating chins with focus on outside arm pull until burned out
- I ended up doing probably 8 sets of these because I wanted to take vid
- Ring rows to burn out x 2 sets with 30 sec rest between sets.
Oh, I also jumped rope early this morning for 20 minutes before work just because.
Song of the day -> Hell by The Squirrel Nut Zippers